A pilgrimage to the holy shrine of Goddess Vaishno Devi is considered to be one of the holiest pilgrimages of all times. The Goddess resides in a holy cave located in the folds of the three peaked mountain named Trikuta. The holy cave attracts millions of devotees every year. In fact, the number of devotees visiting the holy shrine annually exceeds to one crore.
Vaishno Devi pilgrimage: How to book helicopter ticket
Helicopter services start from Katra on the foothills and the flight will drop you at Sanjhichatt. This visit to the sacred shrine, enveloped by the clouds is the beginning of a breathtaking heli-hop.
Step 1: Register on Maa Vaishno Devi official website. Register by clicking the ‘New User Registration’ and provide all the required details.
Step 2: After successful registration, select the date, route details, flight and number of passengers. Check the availability and start entering passenger details.
Note: One person can only book a maximum of five helicopter tickets from one credit card or debit card in a month.
Step 3: Enter the required passenger details carefully. Once you submit the details it cannot be changed.
Step 4: Make the payment through the medium of credit card or debit card.
Step 5: Take the print out of the reservation slip and note down the transaction ID for further reference.
What to do in case of failed transaction?
In case of the failed transaction, you can retry a new reservation.
If the amount has been deducted, you can send the email to ‘email@example.com’ for processing of a refund.
You must send refund requests within 30 days of travel otherwise no refund will be issued.
Guidelines for availing helicopter ticket at Current Heli-Ticket Counter:
1. Yatra Registration Slip is mandatory for availing helicopter ticket at Current Heli-ticket Counter.
2. ID proof of all the members of family (who intent to avail heli ticket) will be required for current booking.
3. Proof of travel documents by air/train/bus/taxi is required like train/bus tickets or any other proof.
4. Yatries shall beware of touts/travel agents taking money for helicopter tickets. The rate of ticket (one side): Rs 1,045/- per person)
5. The tax rates as applicable shall charged on the date of travel at the respective location in Katra /Sanjichhat.